Mount Washington and Mount Clinton from Near Fabyan’s, from the Ammonoosuc River by Russell Smith

Oil on paper, 7 ½ x 11 ¾ inches
Signed, titled, & dated verso: Mounts Washington and Clinton from near Fabyan’s, from the Ammonoosuc 1849

Mount Clinton was renamed Mount Pierce in 1913 after President Franklin Pierce (1804–1869), the only United States president born in New Hampshire.

Vose Gallery Catalog, New Hampshire Landscapes 1848-1850 By Russell Smith (1812-1896), January 31, 1979, Illustrated, #149.

Washington, Ammonoosuc, RSmith, RSmith Gallery